Saturday, December 24, 2016

Its Christmas Eve

It's so odd to me that after tomorrow this Christmas season will already have come and gone. Everyone says it. The all too familiar, "Wow, can you believe an entire year has already went by?!". And it's true is the thing. I sit and think about just how fast a year passes by and it blows my mind. Even more so I think about how our time is NOTHING like Gods time. I kind of wonder how God really sees time, or does he even see it? Does he think about things the same way that we do or do we just think he does because we don't know any different? I'm running on about 4 1/2 hours of sleep right now so forgive me if this makes no sense at all... but think about it. We count the minutes while we sit at starbucks letting our frustrations rise because it has taken 4 minutes longer than usual. We think to ourselves my gosh I am 26 years old and still have no prospects for marriage. I'm 37 and still don't know if i'm living out the purpose God has for my life. I'm 15 and I wish i was 22 and out of my parents house. Time, time, time. We want to rush it and we want to slow it down. But maybe we have it allllll completely wrong. Maybe time was never meant to be a measurement of how good or bad we are doing in life. Maybe time was meant for us to ENJOY. I know i probably look at the time of the day or year wishing it was a DIFFERENT time more often than looking at it just to see what time it is.

I think we need to change our perspective of time. At least i feel like that is what God is challenging me to do. I bet God looks more at time like an opportunity than a deadline or a storyline. We are constantly looking at it like wondering about the last chapter or what is in the next. But what if Gods purpose of time was for you to steward the current time well and enjoy his blessings and live in the CURRENT time. I want to start to look at time as my responsibility and opportunity to enjoy what God has for me right now. I don't want another Christmas to come where I feel as if "Wow, that whole year just passed by." I want to be able to say WOW that year did pass by but it was so abundant in time because the time that passed was FULL. I want next christmas to be able to write and say I lived more in the moment and enjoyed the current time and season to the absolute fullest potential God has given me. I don't want to miss ANYTHING.

Merry Christmas Eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment