Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chapter 1

Today is New Years Day, January 1, 2011. I felt like starting a new blog because this next year is starting so many new things for me. Jeremy and I are going to meet our handsome little boy, Elijah Jordan, in May and we are so excited! On July 13th, 2011 Jeremy and I will have been together for 2 years; and they have flown by! Sometime this summer (depending on my hours and maternity leave) I will be graduating from The Academy of Hair Design, passing my State Board tests to get my cosmetology license, and getting a job. There are just so many new and exciting things coming up and I want to be able to write them all down, even if I am the only one who ever looks back at this.


Today I am 22 weeks pregnant and getting more and more excited to meet our precious Elijah, but what nobody tells you is how scared they truly are. This week we moved my stuff out of the room I have lived in since I can even remember being alive into our game room. For most people this may not seem like it's a big deal but I have hormones raging through my body at the speed of light and now all of a sudden there is a baby crib right next to my bed. To say the least, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I mean honestly, nobody really pictures themselves having a baby when they are not married at 18 years old when they still live with their parents. If I were to tell you I am 100% at peace with my situation I would totally be lying. I am scared, excited, nervous, anxious, happy, and joyful and don't even tell me that feeling all those emotions and more wouldn't overwhelm you. In just around 5 months, I will be a mother and Jeremy will be a father. I am just so thankful to have people that I can call on to reassure me that everything is going to be fine and that I will be a good mother. And more importantly I am so blessed to have a God that tells me "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11


And you know what else nobody ever tells you? How much your body freaking changes when you are pregnant. I won't go into anything graphic to spare you but honestly... your body doesn't even feel like your own anymore. And when you feel that first movement.. the flip that feels like a fish is flopping in your belly... it gets even stranger! For me it brought on acne like I have never even had in my life along with emotions that literally make you feel like you are going insane. Although, I think all the "weird cravings" people get is a bunch of bull. I have not once craved pickles and ice cream or any other odd variety of things. But the worst part of it all was the morning sickness that lasted for a lot longer than in the morning. It was there when I woke up, all day while I was at school, and up until I fell asleep at night. And it's not even that I was throwing up, it was just being nauseous 100% of the time and only eating crackers and drinking Gatorade. Don't worry, it usually only lasts from about 6 weeks up until the 14th week. I lucked out and only had it from about 7 weeks until about 12 or 13 weeks.


That's just about all I've got for you guys for now. Happy Blogging!
-Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment