Sunday, July 10, 2011

We've been deceived.

So as one of the MANY teen mothers out there, I think it's okay for me to write about this subject.

Lately, as you may have noticed, everyone is pregnant and having babies. The more people I see from my high school that are pregnant the more I wonder, what is going on? Honestly. I have thought and thought about this and the only thing I can come up with is we have been deceived.

I guess I should put a DISCLAIMER on this blog because some people might get offended so I will say that I am only speaking for myself.

I feel as though we have been painted a picture of love defined by sex, in more ways than one. Everything is advertised as "sexy", we are meant to be "sexy" and people will love us, in almost every movie and or TV show pre-marital sex is talked about as if it is just no big deal. Now let's get honest, SEX does have meaning, or at least it was meant to. Satan has taken it and perverted it in so many ways that we can hardly even tell what real love is anymore. In this world, sex=love and love=sex.

I am sick and tired of hearing all of the disgusting songs like S&M by Rihanna and well pretty much every song on the radio DEGRADING girls and placing them out there as if all they are worth is what they put out and how little clothes they wear. I want you guys to know (whoever even reads this) that you were created for a DIVINE purpose and your life has meaning. We don't have to dumb ourselves down to that "sexy" appearance for true love, and we do not have to put out. Now I know there are a lot of cases where people have sex just because they want to, I'm not stupid. But I also know there has to be some kind of explanation as to why teen pregnancy has SKY ROCKETED in the last 2 years. My conclusion is that: there are too many absent dads, not enough safe-sex education in schools (because let's be honest, people are still going to have sex), all of the media, press, magazines, TV shows, movies, and influence of people around you. And who is in charge of all this? Satan. Because the younger he can get us to think we are subjected to having sex, the younger he can get us pregnant, and the younger he can get us headed for a life of destruction, along with our babies. Think about it, seriously. Get pregnant at 18 (in my case), unmarried, in school, no job, living at home. What are the chances that my life could get seriously off track, quick? Very high. Luckily I was raised with enough self discipline that I followed through with school during my whole pregnancy and will be graduating soon, and I am so blessed to have the family that helps me. But IT WAS NOT EASY AND STILL IS NOT EASY. It caused a lot of problems in my life and my family and in my own mind as well. But because of all of this Elijah will not grow up with a normal family life, along with a whole bang load of other babies in the world. What Satan means for bad, I will allow God to make good. So with one last statement: SEX DOES NOT EQUAL LOVE. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Proverbs 31:10-31


Sex is currency
She sells cars,
She sells magazines
Addictive bittersweet, clap your hands,
with the hopeless nicotine's
Everyone's a lost romantic,
Since our love became a kissing show
Everyone's a Casanova,
Come and pass me the mistletoe
Everyone's been scared to death of dying here alone
She is easier than love
Is easier than life
It's easier to fake and smile and bribe
It's easier to leave
It's easier to lie
It's harder to face ourselves at night
Feeling alone,
What have we done?
What is the monster we've become?
Where is my soul?
Numb
Sex is industry,
The CEO, of corporate policy
Skin-deep ministry,
Suburban youth, hail your so-called liberty
Every advertising antic,
Our banner waves with a neon glow
War and love become pedantic,
We wage love with a mistletoe
Everyone's been scared to death of dying here alone
She is easier than love
Is easier than life
It's easier to fake and smile and bribe
It's easier to leave
It's easier to lie
It's harder to face ourselves at night
Feeling alone,
What have we done?
What is the monster we've become?
-Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment